The program is targetted towards the need of young to middle level managers working in manufacturing as well
as serive organisations (Government/PSUs/private sector etc.). It aims at providing the necessary inputs to the managers that will help them take operational decisions at their workplace on a regular basis. The program aims to provide an understanding of basic theoritical background for such decision making. The course structure also includes discussion of suitable industrial case studies and hands on exercises with help of related software tools.
To provide an understanding of scientific decision making and using it for improving a firm's operating efficiency.
To impart the necessary formulating skills to translate real-world business problems into mathematical models, and to solve them with the help of software tools.
• Introduction to Decision making, Type of Decisions
• Introduction to Operations Research
• How to Formulate a Decision Problem
• Solving Industry specific decision problems (Manufacturing/logistics/Healthcare/Finance etc)
• Application of Excel Solver and other Commercial Software tools
• Sensitivity Analysis for Quality Decision Making
• Application in Transportation and Assignment Problems/Facility Locatio
• Making Decisions under Uncertainty
• Decision-Making under Risk
• Understanding Decision-Making through Cases
• Role of Perfect Information in Decision-Making
• Finding the value of perfect information
For Young and Middle level Managers
|Starts On||Feb 01, 2024|
|Faculty||Prof. P. Acharya / Prof. M. S. Mahapatra|
|Duration||Professional Fee*(Per participant)||GST(18%)||Total Fees(Per Participant)||Programme Code|
|18 Hrs||10,500.00||1,890.00||12,390.00||1 24 4 57|