The concept of net zero has gained significant traction in recent years as a response to the urgent need to address climate change. Net zero emissions refer to balancing the amount of greenhouse gases emitted into the atmosphere with the amount removed from it., effectively resulting in no additional emissions added to the atmosphere. Supply chains play a crucial role in organizations' and industries’ overall greenhouse gas emissions. As mentioned, the value chain of a typical manufacturing organization involves various stages, from sourcing raw materials to the distribution of finished goods. Each stage contributes to the organization’s carbon footprint, and inefficiencies or poor management within the supply chain can amplify these emissions. Integrating modern information technology and environmentally friendly technologies is crucial to effectively reduce GHG emissions throughout the supply chain while simultaneously ensuring flexibility, security, resiliency, and transparency at every stage of the supply chain. Therefore, using digital technologies such as simulation, augmented reality, digital twins, and blockchain, along with an emphasis on renewable energy sources, would be useful in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and mitigating the effects of the threat posed by climate change. A significant number of nations all around the world have pledged to achieve net zero emissions by the year 2050, and several of them have already begun the journey. The program will provide a comprehensive understanding of net zero emissions, its impact on supply chain management, and the strategic actions and digital technologies needed to achieve sustainable and resilient supply chains.
The following are the objectives of this program:
• To understand net zero emissions, their impact on supply chain management,
• To develop an insight into strategic actions and digital technologies and analytics needed to achieve sustainable and resilient supply chains
• Understanding the implications of net zero commitment on supply chains
• Develop a strategic action plan to plans to achieve net zero.
• Best practices in Supply chain management to achieve net zero.
• Assessing the climate risks in the supply chain
• Digital technologies and analytics to achieve net zero.
Industry practitioners and researchers working in the supply chain, operations, and logistics domain
|Starts On||Nov 20, 2023|
|Faculty||Prof. Veepan Kumar / Prof. Shirish Sangle|
|Duration||Professional Fee*(Per participant)||GST(18%)||Total Fees(Per Participant)||Programme Code|
|12 Hrs.||6,500.00||1,170.00||7,670.00||1 24 4 81|