Global Online Certification Course on
Data-Driven Supply Chain Transformation 2022
launched by IIM Mumbai and IIT(BHU), Varanasi (under PM Gati Shakti Scheme) in collaboration with world-renowned scientist Prof. David Simchi-Levi (Professor Business & Supply Chain Analytics Director, Director of Data Science Lab, MIT)
Schedule: 16th July ’22 – 21st August ’22 (5:00 PM – 7:30 PM IST | Saturday & Sunday) | 30 hours duration
Registration Deadline: 14th July, 2022
Prof. David Simchi-Levi
MIT Professor – Business & Supply Chain Analytics
Director, Data Science Lab,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari
Director, IIM Mumbai
Prof. Pramod Kumar Jain
Director, IIT (BHU), Varanasi and Director, I-DAPT Hub Foundation, IIT (BHU), Varanasi
About the Course
Digital transformation, which refers to the use of data, analytics and automation, has been applied by a few innovative companies, from Apple to Amazon to Dell, to transform their businesses and achieve a significant increase in their revenue and profit while decreasing costs. In all these cases, the objective is to apply business analytics to transform the way the organization manages its business, from manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, and revenue optimization all the way to understanding consumers' preferences and innovate new products.
IIM Mumbai and IIT (BHU),Varanasi are proud to present the Global Online Certification Course on 'Data-Driven Supply Chain Transformation 2022' in association with Prof. David Simchi-Levi (MIT, USA) under the leadership of Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari (Director, IIM Mumbai) and Prof. Pramod Kumar Jain (Director, IIT (BHU) Varanasi), to accelerate the vision of PM Gati Shakti. This course is launched under IIM Mumbai's Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management which aims to develop India's logistics sector through applied research and industry outreach to tackle real-time business scenarios.
This digital disruption is now motivating many companies in a variety of industries to reinvent their supply chains, from demand and supply planning to production and distribution. This course introduces Professor Simchi-Levi’s unique framework that combines the three technology trends, digitization, analytics and automation, to reinvent the supply chain. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of :
- Applications of these trends to improve efficiency, profitability, and growth
- The required processes to improve supply chain visibility, flexibility, and resiliency
- The appropriate organization and talent change
- Supply Chain Trends
- Supply Chain Competency
- Machine Learning based technology
- Digital Supply Chain transformation
- Identify opportunities for transforming and creating end-to-end supply chain value using digitization, analytics, and automation
- Prioritize the opportunities provided by the technology trends: digitization, analytics and automation
- Drive automation through network and production optimization
- Increase sales by improving forecast accuracy
- Apply data analytics to improve new product introduction
- Lecture recordings will be provided for 1 week.
- Participants will get the opportunity to interact live with Prof. David Simchi-Levi.
- Learn key concepts & trends through exhaustive cases & recent happenings in the industry.
- Lecture slides and supplementary material after each session.
- 16th July ’22 – 21st August ’22
- 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM IST || Saturday - Sunday
- 30 Hours Course || 12 Sessions (2.5 Hours/Session)
- Mode of Instruction - Via Online Platforms
- Upon completion of the course, all registered participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from IIM Mumbai signed by Prof. David Simchi-Levi, Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari and Prof. Pramod Kumar Jain
- Lecture Attendance and Course Participation will be the criteria for Course Completion
About IIM Mumbai
IIM Mumbai, established in 1963 by the Government of India with the assistance of United Nations Development Project (UNDP) through the International Labour Organization (ILO), is one of the leading institutes for Management education
IIM Mumbai, a pioneer in Industrial Management has been positioned 12th amongst management schools in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2021.
IIM Mumbai, widely known as the leading Institute in Supply Chain and Operations, holds a purpose in advancing the transformative education and industry inspired research in different domains thus dedicating itself to help Indian businesses to make their presence felt globally
About IIT(BHU), Varanasi
Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi, is an Institute of national importance created by an Act of the Parliament through the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2012. The institute celebrated its centenary year in 2019-2020.
IIT (BHU) Varanasi has been positioned 14th amongst Engineering (Research and Teaching) institutions in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2022 and at 651-700th position in QS World University Rankings wherein it is 10th amongst IITs and 6th according to citations per faculty.
The Institute aspires to be a harbinger of modern interdisciplinary technological advancement in the country and at the forefront of imparting quality education by use of innovative pedagogy culminating traditional with contemporary methods.
About IDAPT HUB, Foundation
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India has identified Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies (DAPT) as one of the domain areas of Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) under India’s National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical System (NM-ICPS). DST has identified IIT (BHU) Varanasi as one of the institutes for establishing TIH under this scheme.
As a part of this development, I-DAPT Hub Foundation, IIT (BHU) a non-profit section 8 company is established. In order to meet the mandate of IDAPT Hub Foundation in terms of better societal outreach and Industry 4.0 functioning, five thrust areas
- Defence Research and Development,
- Road Transport and Highways, and
- Health and Family Welfare have been identified
The activities envisioned under the I-DAPT Hub Foundation will provide impetus to smart cities mission, smart and optimized energy/power management, state-of-art defense infrastructure development, and the health and family welfare of the country.
It helps in manufacturing via the invention of new products, services and the creation of skilled young human resources at all levels (technicians, researchers, scientists, and entrepreneurs) and will become a key contributor to realizing the vision of “Digital India.”
PM Gati Shakti Initiatives
The PM Gati Shakti - National Master Plan was announced last year with an aim to celebrate 75 years of a progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture, and achievements. The objective is to break departmental silos and will lay the foundation for holistic infrastructure development to address the multi-modal and last-mile connectivity issues pertaining to supply chain and demand management.
The Global Online Certification Course on Data-Driven Supply Chain Transformation 2022 offered by IIM Mumbai and IIT (BHU), Varanasi, in association with MIT Data Science Lab is exclusively curated to provide a roadmap for the industry practitioners to understand the cardinal aspects of technology trends, digitization, analytics, and automation to reinvent the supply chain.
This course aims to provide participants with a profound understanding of leveraging technology to improve operational efficiency and decision-making across the supply chain to accelerate the idea of the Gati Shakti Master plan.
About IIM Mumbai’s Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Shri Piyush Goyal (Minister of Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs & Food & Public Distribution and Textiles, Government of India) inaugurated the Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at IIM Mumbai on 23rd September 2021.
This center will act as a driving force to train and launch top quality programs to disseminate advanced knowledge and promote Digitisation, Analytics, and IoT Application and Decision Support Systems through Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications and Digital Twin and Control towers, to strengthen the monitoring and analysis of complex logistics operations.
It will help the logistics sector become more cost-effective, make the sector more competitive, create new jobs, export more, engage better with the world markets, expand outreach and bring more economic activity to India
About Prof. DAVID SIMCHI-LEVI
MIT Professor – Business & Supply Chain Analytics
Director, Data Science Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Prof. David Simchi-Levi is the most renowned Professor and Thought Leader in the field of Supply Chain Management and also serves as the Editor-in-Chief of Management Science. He is the recipient of the prestigious INFORMS Impact Prize 2020 for his work on Supply Chain Resilience. His book, "Designing and Managing the Supply Chain" (with P. Kaminsky and E. Simchi-Levi) is a staple across B-schools for their Supply Chain Management courses
- He is the founder and chairman of LogicTools which provides software solutions and professional services for supply chain optimization. The company has provided decision support systems to clients such as Caterpillar, ConAgra, Kraft Foods, Mercer Management, Ryder, SC Johnson, UPS, U.S. Postal Service, Walgreens, etc. and was acquired by IBM.
- Prof. David Simchi-Levi had associated with IIM Mumbai for the Global Online Certification Courses on Supply Chain Digitization and Management as well as Business & Operations Analytics, which were a highly successful courses with over 2500 participants from all over the world in each course.
- Profile on MIT website - https://cee.mit.edu/people_individual/david-simchi-levi/
- LinkedIn Profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-simchi-levi-3045026/
For Individual Registrations
|Category||Fee Category||Registration Fee
(incl. of all)*
|Participants from India||Student||Rs. 4,000/- per participant||Register Here|
|Academician / Faculty||Rs. 7,000/- per participant||Register Here|
|IIM Mumbai / IIT (BHU) Alumni||Rs. 8,000/- per participant||Register Here|
|Industry Professionals / Others||Rs. 14,000/- per participant||Register Here|
|Foreign Participants||Any||USD 200 per participant (Incl. of all)||Register Here|
*Convenience fees may apply
For Bulk Registrations from one organization
|Category||Number of Participants||Total Fee (inclusive of taxes)*|
|Students||11 to 25||₹ 3,500/- per participant|
|26 to 50||Rs. 3,000/- per participant|
|Above 50||Rs. 2,500/- per participant|
|Industry Professionals||5 to 10**||₹ 14,000/- per participant|
|11 to 25||Rs. 12,500/- per participant|
|26 To 50||Rs. 11,000/- per participant|
|Above 50||Rs. 9,000/- per participant|
*Convenience fees may apply
** For registrations less than 5 persons from one organization, direct individual payments should be made
Please write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on bulk registration.
Success of Previous Course
IIM Mumbai has successfully completed five versions of the Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain Digitization and Management, Business and Operations Analytics (2021 & 2022), and End-to-End Supply Chain Transformation through Digitization in association with Prof. David Simchi-Levi in 2021-2022.
All the courses received an overwhelming response with 7000+ individuals from reputed national and international organizations. Some prominent academic institutions include the llTs, llMs, IIFT, University of London, University of Warwick and some eminent organizations include P&G, HUL, GE, ITC, Amul, Deloitte, General Mills, IBM, Titan, Reliance, PwC, Siemens and many more.
To know more
- Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain Digitization and Management 2021 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Business and Operations Analytics 2021 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on End-to-End Supply Chain Transformation through Digitization 2021 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Business and Operations Analytics 2022 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain & Demand Analytics 2022 - click here
- What are the class timings?
16th July ’22 – 21St Aug ’22 (5:00 PM – 7:30 PM IST | Sat & Sun)
- Will the session be recorded and be available after live class?
Yes, lecture recordings will be available for one week after each session. Along with it, we will also be sharing lecture summary and supplementary material to aid the learning.
- What is the last date to register for this course?
The last date to register for the course is 14th July, 2022. But, we encourage you to register earlier as we have limited seats available.
- What would be the value of the Certificate? Will it generate enough value in the industry?
The certificate will be signed by Prof. David Simchi-Levi, Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari - Director, IIM Mumbai and Prof. Pramod Kumar Jain - Director, IIT (BHU) Varanasi. They are stalwarts in their respective domain. The certificate is officially issued by IIM Mumbai and IIT (BHU), Varanasi.
- What is the eligibility criteria for the course completion?
It is extremely important that you attend all classes to have a comprehensive understanding of the course. Furthermore, you need to fulfil required attendance and quiz attempt criteria to be eligible for a certificate.
For all queries, please Email to: email@example.com
- Mr. Nishant Singh || PGDIM - 28
- Mr. Giriraj Jhawar || PGDIM - 28
- Ms. Aayushi Kumari Yadav
- Mr. Eshwar Dayal
- Mr. Giriraj Jhawar
- Mr. Nikhil Anand
- Mr. Nishant Kumar Singh
- Mr. Prashant M
- Ms. Puja Sarkar
- Mr. Rony Mitra
- Ms. Rosalin Sahoo
- Mr. Rutvik Ghiya
- Mr. Shibi Chakravarthy
- Mr. Shubham Sinha
Faculty Coordinators from IIT(BHU), Varanasi:
- Dr. Ajinkya N. Tanksale
- Dr. Agnivesh P
- Dr. Lakshay
- Dr. Saurabh Pratap
Faculty Coordinators from IIM Mumbai:
- Dr. Megha Gupta
- Dr. M.S. Mahapatra
- Dr. Priyanka Verma
- Dr. Rofin T M