Global Online Certification Course on
From Data to Insights and Decision Making-2023
Launched by IIM Mumbai (under PM Gati Shakti Scheme) in
collaboration with world-renowned scientist Prof. David Simchi-
Levi (Professor Business & Supply Chain Analytics, Director
of Data Science Lab, MIT)
Schedule: 11th February’23 – 19th March’23 (5:00 PM – 7:30 PM IST | Saturday & Sunday | 30 Hours duration)
Registration Deadline: 7th February, 2023 (Tuesday)
Prof. David Simchi-Levi
MIT Professor - Business & Supply Chain Analytics,
Director - Data Science Lab,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari
Director, IIM Mumbai
About the Course
Business analytics is the use of statistical and quantitative methods, along with technology, to gain insights and make informed business decisions. It involves collecting, organising, and analysing data to understand patterns, trends, and relationships that can inform decision-making. Business analytics can be used in a wide range of areas, such as finance, marketing, operations, and human resources. It has always been a critical strategic advantage for organisations such as HP, IKEA, Google, Adidas, JP Morgan, and Disney to use data effectively to drive rapid, precise, and profitable decisions throughout the organisation. For example, IKEA uses analytics to monitor and update its inventory in a way that allows it to serve its customers at an exceptionally low cost; HP applied analytics to segment and better manage its supply chain; and Ford and Schneider Electric use data and analytics to significantly improve the resiliency of their supply chain and better respond to a disruption anywhere in their network.
IIM Mumbai is proud to present the Global Online Certification Course on 'Business Analytics: From Data to Insights and Decision Making-2023 ' in association with Prof. David Simchi-Levi (MIT, USA) under the leadership of Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari (Director, IIM Mumbai), to accelerate the vision of PM Gati Shakti. This course is launched under IIM Mumbai's Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management which aims to develop India's logistics sector through applied research and industry outreach to tackle real-time business scenarios.
There is no doubt that analytics has become an integral part of modern supply chain management. This course is designed to give you the foundation to understand and apply these methods to drive supply chain value for your organisation.
- The Journey for Data-Driven Transformation
- Optimising Complex Decisions
- Machine Learning Techniques
- Model selection and integration of techniques
- Develop Critical thinking about the data and the analyses
- Identify opportunities for creating value using business analytics
- Estimate the value created using business analytics to address an opportunity
- Lecture recordings will be provided for 1 week.
- Participants will get the opportunity to interact live with Prof. David Simchi-Levi.
- Learn key concepts & trends through exhaustive cases & recent happenings in the industry.
- Lecture slides and supplementary material after each session.
- 11th Feburary'23 - 19th March'23
- 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM IST || Saturday - Sunday
- 30 Hours Course || 12 Sessions (2.5 Hours/Session)
- Mode of Instruction - Via Online Platforms
- Upon completion of the course, all registered participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from IIM Mumbai signed by Prof. David Simchi-Levi and Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari - Director, IIM Mumbai.
- Lecture Attendance and Course Participation will be the criteria for Course Completion
Week 1: Introduction to Business Analytics
- Course Overview
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Digital Transformation
Week 2: Prescriptive Analytics
- Optimising Complex Decisions
- Linear Programming Formulation
- Demonstration of the Spreadsheet Optimization Method
- Shadow Price
- Sensitivity Analysis
Week 3: Predictive Analytics
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Classification & Regression Trees
- K-Nearest Neighbor
- Bayesian Analysis
- Error Types
Week 4: Integrated Analytics
- Neural Network
- Variable Selection Techniques
- Categorial Variables
- Model Selection
- Integration of Techniques
Week 5: Case Study-I
- Case study: Supply Chain
- Unified View of Demand
- Supply Chain Segmentation
- Smart Planning & Execution
- Supply Chain Resiliency
Week 6: Case Study-II
- Case study: Pricing
- Online and Offline Retailer examples
- Estimating Lost Sales
- Price Elasticity of Demand
- Error Estimates
- Pricing Decisions
- Course Summary
About IIM Mumbai
The National Institute of Industrial Engineering (IIM Mumbai), established in 1963 by the Government of India with the assistance of the United Nations Development Project (UNDP) through the International Labour Organization (ILO), is one of the leading institutes for Management Education
IIM Mumbai, a pioneer in Industrial Management has been positioned 9th amongst management schools in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2022.
IIM Mumbai, widely known as the leading Institute in Supply Chain and Operations, holds a purpose of advancing the transformative education and industry-inspired research in different domains, thus dedicating itself to helping Indian businesses to make their presence felt global.
PM Gati Shakti Initiatives
The PM Gati Shakti - National Master Plan was announced last year with an aim to celebrate 75 years of a progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture, and achievements. The objective is to break departmental silos and lay the foundation for holistic infrastructure development to address the multi-modal and last-mile connectivity issues pertaining to supply chain and demand management.
The Global Online Certification Course on Business Analytics: From Data to Insights and Decision Making 2023 offered by IIM Mumbai, in association with MIT Data Science Lab, is exclusively curated to provide a roadmap for industry practitioners to understand the cardinal aspects of technology trends, digitisation, analytics, and automation to reinvent the supply chain.
This course aims to provide participants with a profound understanding of leveraging technology to improve operational efficiency and decision-making across the supply chain to accelerate the idea of the Gati Shakti Master plan. Read more
About IIM Mumbai’s Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Shri Piyush Goyal (Minister of Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs & Food & Public Distribution and Textiles, Government of India) inaugurated the Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at IIM Mumbai on 23rd September 2021.
This center will act as a driving force to train and launch top-quality programs to disseminate advanced knowledge and promote Digitisation, Analytics, and IoT Application and Decision Support Systems through Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications and Digital Twin and Control towers, to strengthen the monitoring and analysis of complex logistics operations.
It will help the logistics sector become more cost-effective, make the sector more competitive, create new jobs, export more, engage better with the world markets, expand outreach and bring more economic activity to India.
About Prof. David Simchi-Levi
MIT Professor – Business & Supply Chain Analytics
Director, Data Science Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Prof. David Simchi-Levi is the most renowned Professor and Thought Leader in the field of Supply Chain Management and also serves as the Editor-in-Chief of Management Science. He is the recipient of the prestigious INFORMS Impact Prize 2020 for his work on Supply Chain Resilience. His book, "Designing and Managing the Supply Chain" (with P. Kaminsky and E. Simchi-Levi) is a staple across B-schools for their Supply Chain Management courses
- He is the founder and chairman of LogicTools which provides software solutions and professional services for supply chain optimization. The company has provided decision support systems to clients such as Caterpillar, ConAgra, Kraft Foods, Mercer Management, Ryder, SC Johnson, UPS, U.S. Postal Service, Walgreens, etc. and was acquired by IBM.
- Prof. David Simchi-Levi had associated with IIM Mumbai for the Global Online Certification Courses on Supply Chain Digitization and Management as well as Business & Operations Analytics, which were highly successful courses with over 2500 participants from all over the world in each course.
- Profile on MIT website - https://cee.mit.edu/people_individual/david-simchi-levi/
- LinkedIn Profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-simchi-levi-3045026/
For Individual Registrations
|Category||Fee Category||Registration Fee
(incl. of all)*
|Participants from India||Student||Rs. 10,000/- per participant||Register Here|
|Academician / Faculty||Rs. 18,000/- per participant|
|IIM Mumbai Alumni||Rs. 22,000/- per participant|
|Industry Professionals / Others||Rs. 24,000/- per participant|
|Foreign Participants||Any||USD 450 per participant (Incl. of all)|
*Convenience fees may apply.
For Bulk Registrations from one organization
|Category||Number of Participants||Total Fee (inclusive of taxes)*|
|Students||11 and above||Rs. 9,000/- per participant|
|Industry Professionals||11 and above||Rs. 20,000/- per participant|
*Convenience fees may apply.
Please write an e-mail to email@example.com for more details on bulk registration.
Success of Previous Course
IIM Mumbai has successfully completed seven Global Online Certification Courses on Supply Chain Digitization and Management, Business and Operations Analytics (2021 & 2022), End-to-End Supply Chain Transformation through Digitization and Data-Driven Supply Chain Transformation in association with Prof. David Simchi-Levi in 2021-2022.
All the courses received an overwhelming response from 12000+ individuals from reputed national and international organisations. Some prominent academic institutions include the llTs, llMs, IIFT, University of London, University of Warwick along with prominent organisations, which include P &G, HUL, GE, ITC, Amul, Deloitte, General Mills, IBM, Titan, Reliance, PwC, Siemens and many more.
To know more
- Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain Digitization and Management 2021 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Business and Operations Analytics 2021 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on End-to-End Supply Chain Transformation through Digitization 2021 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Business and Operations Analytics 2022 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain & Demand Analytics 2022 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Data-Driven Supply Chain Transformation Team 2022 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on competing in Business through AI-Powered Supply Chains 2022 - click here
- What are the class timings?
11th February ’23 – 19th March ’23 (5:00 PM – 7:30 PM IST | Saturday & Sunday) | 30 hours duration
- Will the session be recorded and available after the live class?
Yes, lecture recordings will be available for one week after each session. Along with it, we will also be sharing lecture summaries and supplementary material to aid the learning.
- What is the last date to register for this course?
The last date to register for the course is 7th February, 2023. But, we encourage you to register earlier as we have limited seats available.
- What would be the value of the Certificate? Will it generate enough value in the industry?
The certificate will be signed by Prof. David Simchi-Levi and Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari - Director, IIM Mumbai. They are stalwarts in their respective domain. The certificate is officially issued by IIM Mumbai.
- What are the eligibility criteria for the course completion?
It is extremely important that you attend all classes to have a comprehensive understanding of the course. Furthermore, you need to fulfill the required attendance and quiz attempt criteria to be eligible for a certificate.
- What is the registration fees for Indian Student studying in the Foreign University?
The registration fees will be same as the foreign participant which is 450 USD. For bulk registrations please send us a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will the industry professionals who are enrolled in some institute will be considered students?
No, only students enrolled in full-time courses will be considered as students.
For all queries, please Email to: email@example.com
- Mr. Manthan Tyagi (+91-88005 15474)
- Mr. AM Sadham (+91-80985 81231)
Student Coordinators from IIM Mumbai:
- Ms. Aayushi Yadav
- Mr. Akash Bhatia
- Mr. AM Sadham
- Mr. BNSV Kaustubh
- Mr. Harsh
- Ms. Ishika Rajvansh
- Mr. Manthan Tyagi
Faculty Coordinators from IIM Mumbai:
- Prof. T M Rofin
- Prof. M.S. Mahapatra