Global Online Certification Course on
Data-Driven Supply Chain Transformation 2023
Launched by IIM Mumbai and o9 solutions (under PM Gati Shakti Scheme) in
collaboration with world-renowned scientist Prof. David Simchi-Levi (Professor
Business & Supply Chain Analytics, Director of Data Science Lab, MIT)
Schedule: 17th June 2023 – 30th July 2023
Course Structure: 35 Hours || 7 Weekends | 14 Lectures
(5:00 PM – 7:30 PM IST | Saturday & Sunday) | 35 hours duration
Registration Deadline: 10th June, 2023
Prof. David Simchi-Levi
MIT Professor – Business & Supply Chain Analytics
Director, Data Science Lab,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari
Director, IIM Mumbai
Dr. Narasimha Kamath
(Senior Vice President, Research & Development, o9 Solutions)
About the Course
Digital transformation, which refers to the use of data, analytics, and automation, has been applied by a few innovative companies, from Apple to Amazon to Dell, to transform their businesses and achieve a significant increase in their revenue and profit while decreasing costs. In all these cases, the objective is to apply business analytics to transform the way the organization manages its business, from manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, and revenue optimization all the way to understanding consumers' preferences and innovating new products.
IIM Mumbai and o9 Solutions are proud to present the Global Online Certification Course on ‘Data-Driven Supply Chain Transformation 2023’ in association with Prof. David Simchi-Levi (MIT, USA) under the leadership of Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari (Director, IIM Mumbai) and Dr. Narasimha Kamath (Senior Vice President, Research & Development, o9 Solutions), to accelerate the vision of PM Gati Shakti. This course is launched under IIM Mumbai ’s Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management which aims to develop India’s logistics sector through applied research and industry outreach to tackle real-time business scenarios.
This digital disruption is now motivating many companies in a variety of industries to reinvent their supply chains, from demand and supply planning to production and distribution. This course introduces Professor Simchi-Levi’s unique framework that combines the three technology trends, digitization, analytics and automation, to reinvent the supply chain. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of :
- Applications of these trends to improve efficiency, profitability, and growth
- The required processes to improve supply chain visibility, flexibility, and resiliency
- The appropriate organization and talent change
- Supply Chain Trends
- Supply Chain Competency
- Machine Learning based technology
- Digital Supply Chain transformation
- Supply chain flexibility, resilience, and sustainability
- Identify opportunities for transforming and creating end-to-end supply chain value using digitization, analytics, and automation
- Prioritize the opportunities provided by the technology trends: digitization, analytics and automation
- Drive automation through network and production optimization
- Increase sales by improving forecast accuracy
- Apply data analytics to improve new product introduction
- Lecture recordings will be provided for 1 week.
- Participants will get the opportunity to interact live with Prof. David Simchi-Levi.
- Learn key concepts & trends through exhaustive cases & recent happenings in the industry.
- Lecture slides and supplementary material after each session.
- Course Duration: 17th June ’23 – 30thJuly ’23
- 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM IST || Saturday - Sunday
- 35 Hours || 14 Sessions (2.5 Hours/Session)
- Mode of Instruction - Via Online Platforms
- Course Instructors: Prof. David Simchi-Levi, Prof. Manoj Kumar Tiwari, and Dr. Narasimha Kamath
- Upon completion of the course, all registered participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from IIM Mumbai signed by Prof. David Simchi-Levi and Prof. Manoj Kumar Tiwari, and Dr. Narasimha Kamath
- Lecture Attendance and Course Participation will be the criteria for Course Completion
- Target Participants: Industry Professionals and Academicians
|Week I & II|
Supply Chain Dynamics
Supply Chain Integration & Push-Pull Strategies
Supply Chain Digitization
Supply Chain Resiliency, Redundancy and Flexibility
Supply Chain Sustainability
About IIM Mumbai
IIM Mumbai, established in 1963 by the Government of India with the assistance of the United Nations Development Project (UNDP) through the International Labour Organization (ILO), is one of the leading institutes for Management education.
IIM Mumbai, a pioneer in Industrial Management, has been positioned 9th amongst management schools in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2022.
IIM Mumbai, widely known as the leading Institute in Supply Chain and Operations, holds a purpose in advancing transformative education and industry-inspired research in different domains, thus dedicating itself to helping Indian businesses to make their presence felt globally
About the o9 Solutions
Founded in 2009, o9 Solutions is a software company whose cloud-based software uses artificial intelligence for business and operational planning. It helps clients forecast demand for products by analyzing data from external sources, such as customer demographics and weather and applies that to supply chain operations. o9 Solutions is headquartered in Dallas, Texas
The o9 Digital Brain platform
The o9 platform uniquely enables companies to make fast and better decisions – by providing one single platform for commercial, forecasting, supply chain, and financial planning. All are powered by real-time data, from internal and external sources.
Who has time for multi-year, big-bang transformations? o9 makes transformation real with its agile, rapid, and iterative delivery methodology supported by world-class services and partners.
Adoption & Change made simpler
User adoption, process changes, global rollouts are never easy. The o9 platform with amazing usability, embedded training features, makes global rollouts and enterprise wide adoption easier.
PM Gati Shakti Initiative
The PM Gati Shakti - National Master Plan was announced last year with an aim to celebrate 75 years of a progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture, and achievements. The objective is to break departmental silos and will lay the foundation for holistic infrastructure development to address the multi-modal and last-mile connectivity issues pertaining to supply chain and demand management. The Global Online Certification Course on Data-Driven Supply Chain Transformation 2023 offered by IIM Mumbai, and o9 Solutions, in association with Prof. David Simchi-Levi (Director, Data Science Lab, MIT USA) is exclusively curated to provide a roadmap for industry practitioners to understand the cardinal aspects of technology trends, digitization, analytics, and automation to reinvent the supply chain. This course aims to provide participants with a profound understanding of leveraging technology to improve operational efficiency and decision-making across the supply chain to accelerate the idea of the Gati Shakti Master plan.
About Prof. DAVID SIMCHI-LEVI
Professor – Business & Supply Chain Analytics & Director, Data Science Lab,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Prof. David Simchi-Levi is the most renowned Professor and Thought Leader in the field of Supply Chain Management and also serves as the Editor-in-Chief of Management Science. He is the recipient of the prestigious INFORMS Impact Prize 2020 for his work on Supply Chain Resilience. His book, "Designing and Managing the Supply Chain" (with P. Kaminsky and E. Simchi-Levi) is a staple across B-schools for their Supply Chain Management courses
He is the founder and chairman of LogicTools which provides software solutions and professional services for supply chain optimization. The company has provided decision support systems to clients such as Caterpillar, ConAgra, Kraft Foods, Mercer Management, Ryder, SC Johnson, UPS, U.S. Postal Service, Walgreens, etc. and was acquired by IBM.
Prof. David Simchi-Levi had associated with IIM Mumbai for the Global Online Certification Courses on Supply Chain Digitization and Management as well as Business & Operations Analytics, which were a highly successful courses with over 12500 participants from all over the world in each course.
Profile on MIT website - https://cee.mit.edu/people_individual/david-simchi-levi/
LinkedIn Profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-simchi-levi-3045026/
For Individual Registrations
|Category||Fee Category||Registration Fee
(incl. of all)*
|Participants from India||Industry Professionals /Others||Rs. 25,000/- per participant||Register Here|
|IIM Mumbai Alumni||Rs. 22,000/- per participant||Register Here|
|Academician / Faculty||Rs. 18,000/- per participant||Register Here|
|Bulk (11 and Above)||Rs. 20,000/- per participant|
|Foreign Participants||Any||USD 450 per participant (Incl. of all)||Register Here|
Please write a mail to Data-Driven Supply Chain Transformation 2023 for more details on bulk registration.
*Convenience fees may apply
** For registrations less than 5 persons from one organization, direct individual payments should be made
Success of Previous Course
IIM Mumbai has successfully completed eight versions of the Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain Digitization and Management, Business and Operations Analytics and End-to-End Supply Chain Transformation through Digitization in association with Prof. David Simchi-Levi in 2021, 2022, and 2023. The courses received an overwhelming response with 12500 individuals from reputed national and international organizations. Some prominent academic institutions include the IITs, IIMs, IIFT, University of London, and University of Warwick and some eminent organizations include P&G, HUL, GE, ITC, Amul, Deloitte, General Mills, IBM, Titan, Reliance, PwC, Siemens and many more.
To know more
- Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain Digitization and Management 2021 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Business and Operations Analytics 2021 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on End-to-End Supply Chain Transformation through Digitization 2021 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Business and Operations Analytics 2022 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain & Demand Analytics 2022 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Data-Driven Supply Chain Transformation Team 2022 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Competing in Business through AI-Powered Supply Chains 2022 - click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Business Analytics: From Data to Insights and Decision Making-2023 - click here
- What are the class timings?
17th June ’23 – 30th July ’23 (5:00 PM – 7:30 PM IST | Sat & Sun)
- Will the session be recorded and be available after live class?
Yes, lecture recordings will be available for one week after each session. Along with it, we will also be sharing lecture summary and supplementary material to aid the learning.
- What is the last date to register for this course?
The last date to register for the course is 10th June, 2023. But, we encourage you to register earlier as we have limited seats available.
- I am a student willing to register for the course. Is there any provision?
This course is designed exclusively for industry professionals.
- What would be the value of the Certificate? Will it generate enough value in the industry?
The certificate will be signed by Prof. David Simchi-Levi, Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari, and Dr. Narasimha Kamath. They are stalwarts in their respective domain. The certificate will be officially issued jointly by IIM Mumbai and o9 Solutions.
- What is the eligibility criteria for the course completion?
It is extremely important that you attend all classes to have a comprehensive understanding of the course. Furthermore, you need to fulfill the required attendance and quiz attempt criteria to be eligible for a certificate.
- What are the registration fees for Indian participants from Foreign Institutes/Organisations?
The registration fees will be same as the foreign participant which is 450 USD. For bulk registrations please send us a mail to Data-Driven Supply Chain Transformation 2023
For all queries, please Email to: Data-Driven Supply Chain Transformation 2023
- Prof. Veepan Kumar
- Prof. Amit Kumar Das
- Mr. Kaushik S L V
Student Coordinators from IIM Mumbai:
- Mr. Rony Mitra
- Ms. Puja Sarkar
Faculty Coordinators from IIM Mumbai:
- Prof. Rofin T M
- Prof. Maheswar Singha Mahapatra
- Prof. Vijay Kumar Manupati
- Prof. Veepan Kumar
- Prof. Amit Kumar Das
- Prof. Jasashwi Mandal
- Prof. Ramesh Kumar
Coordinators from O9 Solutions:
- Mr. Bharath Dev A V
- Mr. Abhiram Ramesh